(An incredibly late) Happy New Year!

So for some unknown reason I wrote this post and never managed to get round to publishing. So here it is, 6 months later!


"Better late than never for this post! I'd like to wish you all a Happy New Year and hope that 2014 is the best for us all. 
I spent the new year quite drunk, welcoming 2014 with a small group of friends at their home, which I definitely prefer to trying to go out New Year these days! So much less hassle. Of course it was followed up by a well deserved fry up on New Year's day. 
With the New Year comes New Year's Resolutions and I have come up with a few film orientated ones to keep me motivated!
  • Watch at least 50% of the films listed in '1001 Movies to Watch Before You Die'
  • Blog at least 4 times a month rather than once every 3 months!
  • Get at least one work experience placement in the Film Industry
And the usual non film related:
  • Eat healthier
  • Go to the gym at least 3 times a week
  • Don't leave my uni work until last minute!

New gym trainers to make sure I stick to my resolution!

We'll see in a few months if anything actually goes to plan!!
Do any of you have any film related/non related reso's that you're going to try and stick too? Maybe some tips to on sticking to them?"


Some of you are probably wondering why I am even bothering to publish this post at all but seeing as we are halfway through the year already (I swear every year, the months disappear even quicker than previously), I thought it would be good to check up on whether i've been sticking to my resolutions or not! 


Film related

  • Well, it's pretty darn obvious that the 'post at least 4 times a month' resolution has gone straight down the pan ha! I'm pretty disappointed with myself for that actually. I gave myself excuse after excuse as to why I couldn't post, but truthfully I think I have been lacking inspiration and content to write about (which is hopefully going to change, Watch this space!).
  • It was always going to be a mean feat to ever watch 50% of the films in 1001 Movies to Watch Before You Die without watching at least 2/3 a day! However I have got round to watching a quite a few, (Rushmore, Fargo, Lost In Translation) just nowhere near 50%. I can count that as a success, right? 
  • No experience lined up as of yet. Still looking though, there's another 6 months worth of time and possibilities! 
Life related
  • I have stuck to my "Eat healthier" resolution in my quest to loose weight! I decided in January that enough was enough, I'd put on two stone since leaving sixth form in 2012 and needed a change. Safe to say my healthy eating has definitely helped me! It was hard to stick to at first but once you start it gets so much easier. I love cooking and integrating more vegetables into my diet gave me a whole new world of recipes to try. If anyone would like any of the recipes I frequently use please comment, I'd love to set up a new dimension to my blog through healthy eating. 
  • My gym membership has definitely pushed me this year, from January - April I have lost just over 1 stone! Trying to make it to the gym at least 3 times a week and eating healthier has meant I have been loosing weight in a healthy, steady way and am beginning to feel, stronger, healthier and happier in my own skin (alongside finally being able to go clothes shopping and find things I actually think look good on me, hooray!). But ok, honesty is key here, I haven't gone 3 times a week every week, due to Uni, work and just general life getting in the way but whenever I have time I have been going and my effort is obviously showing on the scales! I desperately need to get back into the swing of things now though, as after my birthday month (April) and going on holiday last month to Austria I have seriously neglected my membership, time to get back on the gym wagon!
  • Leaving uni work until the last minute is definitely my forte. Still haven't learnt my lesson yet with this one, I WILL change for September though. I am going to be in my last year, 3rd year. Oh my god the more I think about the more I feel like I am definitely not ready, ha!
Overall, I don't think I've done too badly on the resolution front, I'm definitely doing better than previous years I know that much! How are you all doing with your resolutions? Any better than me? 

Comments

Popular Posts